What impact does RPA automation have on Real-Time Tracking in logistics?
Given the speed of technological advances and the pressure to reduce costs, logistics companies are looking for new ways to streamline their operations. One area that is increasingly being adopted by e-commerce players is Real-Time Tracking through which shipment trackers know exactly where a shipment is at any given time. This automates the process of collecting data on a package’s location and delivery progress. There are many types of tracking software used in various applications, such as tracking delivery drivers, managing warehouse inventory, and monitoring manufacturing equipment. Read on to learn more about how RPA automation affects Real-Time Tracking in logistics .
What is RPA automation?
RPA stands for Robotic Process Automation RPA solutions are software and hardware tools that automate certain business processes by mimicking the actions of a human operator. RPA technologies can be programmed to perform repetitive tasks that are involved in an organization’s day-to-day operations and can be used in a variety of industries. We wrote more about what Robotic Process Automation is and how it works in a previous article https://www.hublock.io/blog/rpa-what-it-is-how-it-works-and-why-you-should-be-interested-in-it/
What is Real-Time Tracking ?
Real-Time Tracking is a system tool , which constantly monitors a process or event and updates its status in real time. For example, a tracking system that refreshes its database every 10 minutes might show a package as “prepared for delivery” at 10:15 a.m., “delivered” at 10:30 a.m. and “on its way” at 10:45 a.m. On the other hand, real-time tracking provides the same information, but at a much higher frequency: 5 minutes, every minute or every ten seconds or so , depending on the capabilities of the system.
What are the advantages of using RPA technology with RTT in logistics?
- Automation of repetitive driver tasks has a positive impact on more accurate tracking readings during real-time shipments.
- Status updates through task automation are directly sent to the person concerned as soon as there is a change in the status of a shipment, reducing the need to manually log into the app and check what is happening with shipments. This reduces the time it takes for a person to log into the application or software to get information about a shipment
- The time saved by automating tasks can be used to increase efficiency and handle more shipments.
- Better risk management – Risk management is an ongoing process that helps a logistics operator identify, assess, mitigate and monitor risks. With RPA technology, tasks will be split automatically and logistics operators will be able to track the progress of a shipment and identify any potential problems that may arise, thanks to Real-time tracking. They can also take action to mitigate these problems.
What are the disadvantages of using RPA technology with RTT in logistics?
- ncreased cost of operations. This is because real-time tracking uses advanced technology that can require significant investment. If a logistics operator has already invested in a logistics automation solution, it may not make financial sense to invest in another real-time tracking solution Fortunately, there are solutions such as Hublock that do not require the implementation of an entire system and have the ability to integrate the system via an API key into a company’s existing system.
- Lack of repeatability – if a company’s logistics processes are not repeatable task automation will not have the desired effect due to the under-replication of duplicate activities.
How does the real-time tracking system with RPA work?
Robotic Process Automation with Real-Time Tracking collects information from various internal and external scopes and channels in your organization and automates them. Real-time tracking systems with RPA can store real-time shipment data, driver workflow and supply chain efficiency . Real-time tracking system can take data and information from driver applications , transportation management platforms, resource management systems, order management systems, project management systems, internal communication systems.
Benefits of implementing RPA and the real-time tracking system that integrates it – using Hublock
A variety of real-time tracking channels and systems ensure that information is always available because Real-time tracking certainly helps increase order fulfillment and workflow and communication. Real-time tracking in logistics using RPA automation can send service alerts and automatic notifications based on system events. With these technologies, transparent knowledge of shipments , resources and transportation subcontractors is at your fingertips. A good example of how the automation of logistics processes as well as Real-Time Tracking affects the development of the company and the improvement of the supply chain is our client Thomas Griese Managing Director of Carousel Logistics. Read more about our experience with a logistics company working vigorously for a leading medical equipment manufacturer in our Case Study: https://www.hublock.io/case-study-hublock-carousel-siemens/
What does automation with Real-Time tracking look like?
With RPA, drivers are automatically assigned to tasks so it has a impact on the visibility and efficiency of their real-time execution .
The logistics world is constantly striving to improve the visibility of the flow of goods. Increasing control and eliminating manual repetitive processes is becoming essential for the logistics industry. Transparency and increased shipment information through RPA-Robotic Process Automation definitely has a positive impact on real-time tracking. By automating logistics processes, Real-Time Tracking readings remain more effective because they reduce the emergence of risk at every stage of supply chain management.